Tuesday 29 September 2009

Want A Flat?

So trying to get a flat. how easy is it ?

Well remember we live down south unlike those plucky northerners who earn my wage but can have a mansion for the price of a fish finger and a half eaten sausage*

so it comes down to, "in order to rent you must earn (here comes the maths) 30x1monthrent=annual salary"

Now say I work min wage @ 5.80 a hour x 37hours a week x 48weeks a year that makes 10,300 a year.

Now if you work the top equation backwards you can rent a place for £343 a month.

HANDS UP WHO KNOWS OF A PLACE SOUTH OF GLOUCESTER THAT IS FOR £343 A MONTH?

No really I'm sure even the very seedy areas of London town are more. I'm sure the squatters of London town spend more on food and things.

I would also point out that £343 a month is also what you have to live on. 110 council tax that makes 233 to pay for electricity, phone, water, maybe the internet a car/transport. That is all before food.

I really do feel for those on min wage you cant live on it. if there was 2 of you maybe you would be ok JUST be seriously.


SO we are looking at a flat I earn aparently 3k too short. Not ALOT but .. enough. My girlfriend makes money from being a student and things that covers it. YAY

NO .. STOP ... DON'T BE SILLY shes foreign and a student.
Students money does NOT count,
Foreign work money does NOT count yes even if you have letters, emails, phone numbers, faxes, pagers, fucking semaphore or Morse code contact with them. does NOT count. Why .. because it just doesn't.


----

So screw you anyone trying to rent, screw you anyone trying to move.

and screw you those poor bastards on minimum wage who cant afford to have a place to call home and survive.




*no offence meant to those any where north of Gloucester

+ I don't know EXACTLY how close all these figures are but they are fairly close I think.

+ We are moving soon ... know doubt that will bring a new fresh hell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment